Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marlou Peters Theology Response

2 posters

Go down

Marlou Peters Theology Response  Empty Marlou Peters Theology Response

Post by Marlou Peters Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:29 am

What do you think was Bird’s strongest point in his explanation of “baptism in the Spirit”? What was Anderson’s strongest point?

I think Bird’s strongest point is when he talks about the two-part process. It means being born again and then being baptized in the Spirit. I do think that speaking in tongues is a sign of being filled in the Holy Spirit. Jesus was also baptized in the Holy Spirit, so it is very important then.

I think Anderson’s strongest point is when he talks about “ It is not the door through which Christians access all power and gifts for ministry but that we do gain more power and gifts for ministry”. I do think that you can be powerful without being baptized in the Holy Spirit and do great things. I discipled people before I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, but once I got filled everything changed. I felt more powerful, I felt like I was closer to God, hear His voice clearer, wanted to talk to everyone about Jesus. So if Jesus has a free gift for you to gain power and more gifts why wouldn’t anyone want that?

2. Do you think we should worship the Holy Spirit?

Yes, I do think so, because God consist out of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. To be honest I never thought about it until now. I always worshipped Jesus and the Father, but never thought about worshipping the Holy Spirit. So, I do think we should worship the Holy Spirit. He is a part of the Trinity. If we worship the Father and the Son we should also worship the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is just as powerful and we always try to listen to the Holy Spirit.
Marlou Peters
Marlou Peters

Back to top Go down

Marlou Peters Theology Response  Empty Re: Marlou Peters Theology Response

Post by Alicia.O. Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:45 am

Marlou Peters wrote:

What do you think was Bird’s strongest point in his explanation of “baptism in the Spirit”? What was Anderson’s strongest point?

I think Bird’s strongest point is when he talks about the two-part process. It means being born again and then being baptized in the Spirit. I do think that speaking in tongues is a sign of being filled in the Holy Spirit. Jesus was also baptized in the Holy Spirit, so it is very important then.

I think Anderson’s strongest point is when he talks about “ It is not the door through which Christians access all power and gifts for ministry but that we do gain more power and gifts for ministry”. I do think that you can be powerful without being baptized in the Holy Spirit and do great things. I discipled people before I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, but once I got filled everything changed. I felt more powerful, I felt like I was closer to God, hear His voice clearer, wanted to talk to everyone about Jesus. So if Jesus has a free gift for you to gain power and more gifts why wouldn’t anyone want that?

2. Do you think we should worship the Holy Spirit?

Yes, I do think so, because God consist out of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. To be honest I never thought about it until now. I always worshipped Jesus and the Father, but never thought about worshipping the Holy Spirit. So, I do think we should worship the Holy Spirit. He is a part of the Trinity. If we worship the Father and the Son we should also worship the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is just as powerful and we always try to listen to the Holy Spirit.

I've also never really thought about worshiping the Holy Spirit before. Seems so natural who worship God and Jesus and so it seems like it should be natural for us to worship the Spirit as well. There's definitely songs that I worship to that are specific to the Holy Spirit but aside from worship in song, I don't find myself worshiping the Sprint. I think it's worth doing and finding yourself growing in love, thankfulness, and understanding of the Spirit along the way.
Alicia.O.
Alicia.O.

Back to top Go down