Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marlou Peters- Theology Questions

2 posters

Go down

Marlou Peters- Theology Questions Empty Marlou Peters- Theology Questions

Post by Marlou Peters Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:02 am

1. Can someone be a sincere Christian and believe in evolution?

I don’t think someone can be a sincere Chrisitian and believe in evolution. The Bible is clear. In Genesis, the Bible talks about how God created the earth in six days. As a Christian you believe in what the Bible says but how can you be a sincere Christian and completely disagree how the earth came to existence? They are basically disagreeing with God’s Word. I understand that we will never be able to completely understand or wrap our minds around how God created the earth. But again the Bible is the Word of God and that’s our daily bread. It the Word of God that Christians read so how can you be a sincere Christian and disagree with the Word of God? This is the foundation of the Gospel. This is how the Bible even starts of with. So if you don’t believe the beginning of the Bible how can you believe anything else is true?

2.Select question #4-8 from page 231 and write a response.

Is it possible to understand God’s glory without understanding his love?

I don’t think it is possible to completely understand fully God’s glory without His love. God send His only begotten son to earth to die on the cross for our sins. That for sure shows how awesome God is but it also shows how much He loves us. Who would send their only son to the cross as a sacrifice so our sins woud be forgiven. God already knew that a lot of people would reject His only son but still God send Him to the cross anyway. That is just so powerful and His love is so overwhelming and it shows how glorious God is, but if you don’t understand His love you miss out by a lot.So no I don’t think you fully can understand God’s glory without his love.
Marlou Peters
Marlou Peters

Back to top Go down

Marlou Peters- Theology Questions Empty Re: Marlou Peters- Theology Questions

Post by ZachAmick Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 pm

I agree that you cannot fully understand God’s glory without knowing His love. God is love so whatever we understand of God must include love as part of that definition. I like how you point to Jesus in your answer and in particular God sending His Son. John 3:16 says that it was out of love that God sent Jesus. The Bible also connects Jesus to the glory of God through verses like Hebrews 1:3 and Jesus’ prayer in John 17. Personally, I think one of the best stories in the New Testament that shows how God’s love and glory go together comes from the resurrection of Lazarus in John 11. The story is framed in the beginning(verses 3-4) by connecting God’s love and glory and we get to see how these two attributes are connected in a powerful way as it unfolds.
ZachAmick
ZachAmick

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum