Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenton Malnofski: Discussion Questions

Go down

Brenton Malnofski: Discussion Questions Empty Brenton Malnofski: Discussion Questions

Post by Brenton Malnofski Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:43 pm

I would definitely say yes, Chi Alpha is a church. A church is not a place, it is a people. The word “church” is always used in the New Testament as a personified word, referring to a group of people. As for the other question, I think a student’s involvement with Chi Alpha and another church depends on context. If the student is seeking to grow, then having a consistent theological framework between both Chi Alpha and the other church is important. If the other church is at odds with Chi Alpha’s theology, then that likely would only hinder a student’s growth. So that reasoning is theological. As for the pragmatic side, I think it also depends if the student is a leader or not. If they aren’t, then there’s less responsibility for them to juggle with discipling others. Regardless, it all would involve a student handling school duties as well. And the question would be if they can efficiently perform the tasks required for serving in a church apart from Chi Alpha. I don’t think there’s a definitive answer one way or the other.
Brenton Malnofski
Brenton Malnofski

Back to top Go down