Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katie Averitt: Theology Homework Questions

2 posters

Go down

Katie Averitt: Theology Homework Questions Empty Katie Averitt: Theology Homework Questions

Post by Katie A Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:30 pm

• 1.The New Testament gives us many ways to understand the significance of Jesus’ death and resurrection. Choose one model of the atonement that you have not used before. Summarize how you could share the gospel on campus using that model.
I chose this objective model of atonement that takes on the exemplar review. A description of this model is that Jesus death provides an example of love for believers to emulate. An advocate for this model is Pelagius. An example of this model is displayed in the New testament in Galatians 2:20, which says, “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” This model can be used to share the gospel with students by eventually explaining to them that all the time that we put in to loving them and all the sacrifices that we make for them are motivated by the love that we first experienced from Christ, and because he died for us we now are stepping up to the call to die to ourselves for others. It's one thing to hear about the gospel it's another to see it in action. When we take time to sacrifice our own wants for other people we are physically showing them the love of Christ. This is very powerful.

• 2.Select a question from page 487 and write a response.
#5. Describe the necessity of the Resurrection for salvation.
The understanding of Christ's resurrection is necessary for us to be able to understand salvation. Salvation means that were saved. But what are we being saved from? The wages of our sin is death. Jesus conquered sin and death when he rose from the grave. it is impossible to believe that we can be saved from our sin and eternal death if we do not believe that the one saving us conquered it. In 1 Corinthians 15:14, it says, “And if Christ has not been raised, then all our preaching is useless, and your faith is useless.” Scripture also tells us in John 3:16 that “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” We have to believe in everything about Jesus. That he is God, that he came, that he lived, that he died, and that he rose again and is still living today. If we want to believe that Jesus is truly our hero who rescued us then we have to believe that he loved us sacrificially but at the same time had the authority to overcome the enemy that we face which is death.
Katie A
Katie A

Back to top Go down

Katie Averitt: Theology Homework Questions Empty Re: Katie Averitt: Theology Homework Questions

Post by Bethany Hutson Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Katie A wrote:•  1.The New Testament gives us many ways to understand the significance of Jesus’ death and resurrection. Choose one model of the atonement that you have not used before. Summarize how you could share the gospel on campus using that model.
I chose this objective model of atonement that takes on the exemplar review. A description of this model is that Jesus death provides an example of love for believers to emulate. An advocate for this model is Pelagius. An example of this model is displayed in the New testament in Galatians 2:20, which says, “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” This model can be used to share the gospel with students by eventually explaining to them that all the time that we put in to loving them and all the sacrifices that we make for them are motivated by the love that we first experienced from Christ, and because he died for us we now are stepping up to the call to die to ourselves for others. It's one thing to hear about the gospel it's another to see it in action. When we take time to sacrifice our own wants for other people we are physically showing them the love of Christ. This is very powerful.

•  2.Select a question from page 487 and write a response.
#5. Describe the necessity of the Resurrection for salvation.
The understanding of Christ's resurrection is necessary for us to be able to understand salvation. Salvation means that were saved. But what are we being saved from? The wages of our sin is death. Jesus conquered sin and death when he rose from the grave. it is impossible to believe that we can be saved from our sin and eternal death if we do not believe that the one saving us conquered it. In 1 Corinthians 15:14, it says, “And if Christ has not been raised, then all our preaching is useless, and your faith is useless.” Scripture also tells us in John 3:16 that “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” We have to believe in everything about Jesus. That he is God, that he came, that he lived, that he died, and that he rose again and is still living today. If we want to believe that Jesus is truly our hero who rescued us then we have to believe that he loved us sacrificially but at the same time had the authority to overcome the enemy that we face which is death.

Question 2. You did a great job explaining why it is necessary for the resurrection for salvation. Jesus overcame sin and death when He rose again and this is our hope. Since Jesus overcame the enemy and had the authority to do so, we are granted access to the Father. It is amazing to think that our Father loves us so much that He would sacrifice His one and only son and then overcome sin and death. This is a hope that inspires us to become holy with the help of God. God does not want anything to interfere with our relationship with Him. What a beautiful reality!
Bethany Hutson
Bethany Hutson

Back to top Go down