Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theology Discussion Questions: Bethany Hutson

2 posters

Go down

Theology Discussion Questions: Bethany Hutson Empty Theology Discussion Questions: Bethany Hutson

Post by Bethany Hutson Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:06 pm

1.Think back through your week. What evidence of total depravity have you experienced? What evidence of the doctrine that humanity is created in the
image of God?

Throughout this week, I have been experiencing some spiritual warfare with the battle of my mind. However, I have also been weighing that with my thought life and thinking through what is sin and what is spiritual warfare. For example, what are lies of the enemy versus what is my flesh acting on that is not of God. Personally, the enemy likes to flood my mind with lies and depression or anxious thoughts. I constantly have to ask the Lord to renew my mind and give me peace. On the other side, I have seen evidence that humanity is created in the image of God. For instance, throughout the week brothers and sisters in Christ have been reminding me about the love of Christ my just their simple words and acts of kindness. This community has been uplifting. It is amazing how we can see the image of God within our communities.

2.Select a question from page 695 and write a response.
2. How does a Christian view of the image of God impact our understanding of human rights?

In Galatians 4:6-7 it states, “And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then and heir through God.” In other words, this gives of the right to be sons and daughters of Christ. Being made in the image of God reminds us that we have the authority from Christ to proclaim His name. In terms of human rights, it shows that our life is much more valuable because we are made in the image of God and Christ has given us all authority. We must remember though not to overstep, but to act humbly before our God. Walking in humility shows others about the true nature of God. In addition, Bird states, “The gospel leads us to believe that the divine image is restored in humanity by Christ and the image is even defined by the humanity of Christ.” It is amazing how Christ restores humanity and is the ultimate fulfillment and impacts our understanding of human rights.
Bethany Hutson
Bethany Hutson

Back to top Go down

Theology Discussion Questions: Bethany Hutson Empty Re: Theology Discussion Questions: Bethany Hutson

Post by Katie A Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:33 pm

In response to your second question:
Bethany, that is a very well crafted response! I struggled at first, as I tried to think of what evidence i would have used if I would have answered this question. But the scripture you used definitely answers the question well and is a Devine truth. This response is very powerful, especially if you think about it through the lens of things like drug addiction or human trafficking. There are so many sins in this world that encourage us to believe the lie that we have no authority and that our place is to be oppressed. This is simply not true, and the scripture you used sheds some beautiful light on that.
Katie A
Katie A

Back to top Go down