Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marlou Peters Theology responses

Go down

Marlou Peters Theology responses Empty Marlou Peters Theology responses

Post by Marlou Peters Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:02 am

1. Can someone lose their salvation? If so, what would make them lose it? Select a few Bible passages that address this subject briefly (1-3 sentences each) explain how the verse speaks to this question.

This is a very difficult question to answer, but I do think that someone can lose their salvation.

John 6:37
"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out."

In this verse it talks about when someone goes to the Father they won't be cast out. But someone who doesn't want to be with the Lord will be casted out. Someone that doesn't want to be with the Lord basically denies Him.

Hebrews 6:4-6
For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

In this verse someone tasted the goodness of the Lord. So they know how good God is, but Satan is trying to get to destroy us with his lies. If you know how good God is why would you just walk away? Did they truly experience Him?

Matthew 10:33

but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Those are some intense words. It is not even denying before men but we even can deny God too. It says clearly here that He will deny us before the Father. So I do think you can lose your salvation especially by denying the Lord.

2. Select a question from page 607 and write a response.

If someone asked you, "what must I do to be saved?"How would you respond?

When a student comes up to me and would ask me that question I would say Romans 10:9

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

This is how I believe you will be saved. I will share the gospel with them because that is a very important part if not the most important part. I would let them read different Bible verses and see if they have questions and if they understand it. I would have them read: Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:9-10,13, 1 John 1:9 and John 3:16. Then I will ask if it all makes sense. I will lead them into a prayer and they will repeat me. I also have them pray out loud by themselves and ask them to tell three other people about their decision!

Marlou Peters
Marlou Peters

Back to top Go down