Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cale Nally discussion

3 posters

Go down

Cale Nally discussion  Empty Cale Nally discussion

Post by Caleb Nally Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:09 pm

1.If you had to pick two stories (narratives specifically, not just passages) from the Bible that best illustrate what God is like, which would you choose? Select one story from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament, then explain your choices.

I think what best illustrates God is his aseity or his self-sufficiency. God exists from Himself, wants nothing or lacks nothing, and He is fully complete. This can be seen in the Old Testament in Exodus with the burning bush. Moses is a fugitive from Egypt and sees a burning bush but is drawn to it because the bush is not being consumed by the fire. The flame speaks to Moses and identifies itself as God. We see here that the fire is not consuming the bush. Which shows that the fire is gaining its fuel from somewhere else. God was his own fuel. Going into the New Testament it is important to see how God's self-sufficiency is revealed to us. This is revealed through Jesus especially in John 4:14 when Jesus talks to the woman by the well. He states that "...Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst." Here Jesus is speaking about thirsting after God who is the only self-sufficient being. By doing that we open ourselves up to a never-ending stream of grace and love from God that sustains us against the things of this world. This gives us more insight into God's self-sufficiency because here Jesus is telling us that the things of this world will waste away and therefore not sustain us but since God is self-sufficient He can confidently claim that in Him we will never want for anything else.

2.Select question #1, 2 or 3 from page 231 and write a response.
3. Describe what is the most distinguishing attribute of God or set of attributes describing God's character.

I believe that two of the greatest attributes of God (other than aseity of course) is that he is infinite and immutable. God is limit less and has always existed. Which is hard for humans to understand in our limited minds how God came from nothing and has always existed but that's how great God is. This is awesome when paired up with how God is immutable. God does not change. His plans do not change and more importantly his promises do not change. This unchanging nature of God is even more awesome when compared with his infinite self. God has always existed and never changed. This gives us confident assurance in what God has said and allows us to have an unfailing trust of God.

Last edited by Caleb Nally on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Caleb Nally
Caleb Nally

Back to top Go down

Cale Nally discussion  Empty Re: Cale Nally discussion

Post by Admin Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi Caleb, will you please add a picture to your profile for this forum?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://incmit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caleb Nally Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:08 pm

How does someone do that?
Caleb Nally
Caleb Nally

Back to top Go down

Post by Caleb Nally Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Never mind I figured it out
Caleb Nally
Caleb Nally

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Hugershoff Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Caleb Nally wrote:2.Select question #1, 2 or 3 from page 231 and write a response.
3. Describe what is the most distinguishing attribute of God or set of attributes describing God's character.

I believe that two of the greatest attributes of God (other than aseity of course) is that he is infinite and immutable. God is limit less and has always existed. Which is hard for humans to understand in our limited minds how God came from nothing and has always existed but that's how great God is. This is awesome when paired up with how God is immutable. God does not change. His plans do not change and more importantly his promises do not change. This unchanging nature of God is even more awesome when compared with his infinite self. God has always existed and never changed. This gives us confident assurance in what God has said and allows us to have an unfailing trust of God.

I wanted to roast you, but I agree with everything that you said. However, you did spell your name wrong, so I will roast you for that. You are a 23 year old man, who graduated from college, you should be able to spell your name correctly the first time. If you don't get your name correctly the first time, you should know to check your work before you submit assignments, Cale Nally. Anyway back to God, When I think of Gods attributes, the first things that come to mind are not that he is infinite and immutable, but those are amazing attributes of God that I should recognized and appreciate more. It is true that by knowing that God has always been God and has never changed does make it easier to trust in who he is and what he says. I find a lot of comfort knowing that Gods plans never change and that my God is so steadfast. So thanks for reminding me of just how awesome our God is, Cale Nally.
Marie Hugershoff
Marie Hugershoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down