Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Define in your own word what the "gospel" is

2 posters

Go down

Define in your own word what the "gospel" is Empty Define in your own word what the "gospel" is

Post by Marlou Peters Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:01 am

I always thought of the Gospel as like the good news. Sharing with people about who Jesus is and what He has done for us. Telling people that Jesus is the Son of God that He paid for our sins on the cross and three days later that He rose again. That our sins are forgiven, because Jesus died on the cross for us and if we declare Him as the Lord of our lives that we have a place in heaven

The gospel should be shared with people of all nations! Matthew 28:19. Go therefor and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Before I was a believer I have never heard the gospel or what it meant and this is how it was described to me. It is the story of Jesus and what He has done for us. But it is not like a fairytale story but a story that actually happened and that we should believe in!
Marlou Peters
Marlou Peters

Back to top Go down

Define in your own word what the "gospel" is Empty Re: Define in your own word what the "gospel" is

Post by S.h.ave Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:25 pm

Marlou Peters wrote:I always thought of the Gospel as like the good news. Sharing with people about who Jesus is and what He has done for us. Telling people that Jesus is the Son of God that He paid for our sins on the cross and three days later that He rose again. That our sins are forgiven, because Jesus died on the cross for us and if we declare Him as the Lord of our lives that we have a place in heaven

The gospel should be shared with people of all nations! Matthew 28:19. Go therefor and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Before I was a believer I have never heard the gospel or what it meant and this is how it was described to me. It is the story of Jesus and what He has done for us. But it is not like a fairytale story but a story that actually happened and that we should believe in!

I think this is a good description of the gospel. I like that you emphasized that it wasn't a fairy tale story. It seems to me like the most idiotic thing to compare the story of Jesus to Santa Claus or anything else. I have a couple questions though:

What would be your response to a nonbeliever asking why they need their sins forgiven? What if a person doesn't believe in sin or think it matters?
Or what would your response be to a Muslim saying that Jesus isn't the son of God and Allah is the only way? How is this good news to a person who believes they already might be going to heaven or a paradise?
S.h.ave
S.h.ave

Back to top Go down