Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6. How do you think theology will impact discipleship, ministry, and beliefs?

2 posters

Go down

6. How do you think theology will impact discipleship, ministry, and beliefs? Empty 6. How do you think theology will impact discipleship, ministry, and beliefs?

Post by stockmannk Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:53 am

I think that studying theology on this level will radically transform my beliefs. Really knowing the basis of my beliefs thoroughly will help me gain a better understanding and be able to much better share the gospel with others. I will be able to strengthen my beliefs as I begin to understand them more, and really think through what I actually believe, and where I stand among the various denominations.

It will impact my ministry as I will be able to communicate better my faith to others, and be able to explain better what it means to be christian, and will be able to answer questions adequately. I also think it will impact my ministry be giving me more motivation to reach people as I think my way through things better.

I think it will impact discipleship as I am able to better pass on information and communicate faith points and questions better. Oftentimes, disciples ask difficult questions, and I look forward to having better answers to these questions.
stockmannk
stockmannk

Back to top Go down

6. How do you think theology will impact discipleship, ministry, and beliefs? Empty Re: 6. How do you think theology will impact discipleship, ministry, and beliefs?

Post by Bethany Hutson Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:51 pm

stockmannk wrote:I think that studying theology on this level will radically transform my beliefs. Really knowing the basis of my beliefs thoroughly will help me gain a better understanding and be able to much better share the gospel with others. I will be able to strengthen my beliefs as I begin to understand them more, and really think through what I actually believe, and where I stand among the various denominations.

It will impact my ministry as I will be able to communicate better my faith to others, and be able to explain better what it means to be christian, and will be able to answer questions adequately. I also think it will impact my ministry be giving me more motivation to reach people as I think my way through things better.

I think it will impact discipleship as I am able to better pass on information and communicate faith points and questions better. Oftentimes, disciples ask difficult questions, and I look forward to having better answers to these questions.

I really agree with you. I have often struggled sharing my beliefs with people because I do not have a solid foundation on some of the theology or I just do not know how to put my beliefs into words. Understanding how to communicate and articulate our beliefs will impact ministry and discipleship. It will help our faith become more real so that we can share the gospel with those around us. As we disciple, we will be able to answer the difficult questions with more biblical knowledge. However, we must be aware that it is normal to not know all of the answers and that we can seek guidance and counsel. Great post!
Bethany Hutson
Bethany Hutson

Back to top Go down