Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jessica Rodriguez Discussion Questions

Go down

Jessica Rodriguez Discussion Questions Empty Jessica Rodriguez Discussion Questions

Post by Jessica Rodriguez Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 pm

1.Can someone lose their salvation? If so, what would make them lose it? Select a few Bible passages that address this subject and briefly (1-3 sentences each) explain how the verse speaks to this question.
2.Select a question from page 607 and write a response.

1. I honestly don't know the answer to this question. For a long time I thought that I believed once you're save you're always saved and if you see someone who was "in the faith" fall away, it means that they actually never really understood or were truly saved. But, before the reading for this learning party, I hadn't ever really paid attention to the scriptures like, 1 Corinthians 1:8-9 and John 15:5-6, that encourages the believers to stay faithful and to remain in Christ, otherwise they will wither and be thrown into the fire. However, in other passages, like Romans 8:38-39, where no power or anything in all creation can separate us from the love of God revealed in Christ, it seems as though salvation is something that is assured to us.

2. #2 If someone asked you, "what must I do to be saved?" how would you respond?
I would respond by telling them that they would need to repent for their sins, turn from their old life and believe that Jesus is the Son of God, who took the punishment for their sins by dying on the cross in their place, and reconciled their relationship with God. Turn to God and live in your new identity as a son or daughter of God!
Jessica Rodriguez
Jessica Rodriguez

Back to top Go down