- The King Jesus Gospel, Scot McKnight. Gain a clearer understanding of the gospel and its power.
- How to Think Theologically, by Howard Stone and James Duke. Learn how to make sense of difficult questions.
- The Apostolic Fathers, translated by Michael Holmes. A collection of the books written right after the Bible.
- The Knowledge of the Holy, by A.W. Tozer. A recent classic on knowing God.
- The Lost World of Genesis One, by John Walton. Examines the cultural background of Genesis to explore what the text is, and isn't, saying.
- On the Incarnation, by Saint Athanasius. A classic work of theology from the early church. Make sure you get the edition with the introduction by C.S. Lewis.
- Jesus and the Victory of God, by N.T. Wright. An in-depth study of Jesus and his message by one of the more renowned contemporary scholars.
- Letters to the Church, Francis Chan. An "Old Testament prophet"-style rebuke to the church of today.
- For the Bible Tells Me So, by Peter Enns. A provocative, challenging book about understanding scripture.
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum