Kolten Turner Discussion Questions

Go down

Kolten Turner Discussion Questions Empty Kolten Turner Discussion Questions

Post by Kolten Turner on Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:22 am

1. Is Chi Alpha a church? Should a student be involved in a local church on Sunday mornings in addition to Chi Alpha? Are your reasons more pragmatic or theological?

I'd say that Chi Alpha is a parachurch in that it functions cross-denominationally and even cross-religiously as an organization in order to reconcile students to Christ. Chi Alpha is a branch of the Assemblies of God denomination, but it isn't a church. People are the church. We are the church. It is a congregation of believers and non-believers alike, but it is specifically designed for college students. Chi Alpha is more suited to being synonymous with a young adult ministry within a church. We just happen to meet on campus. Yes, students should be involved in a local church on a Sunday morning. The body of Christ is much larger than students between the ages of 18 and 22. Therefore, it's important to unite with the entire body of Christ. The only way to do that is by joining a local church with all ages, all backgrounds, and all types of people. My reasons are both pragmatic and theological. Pragmatic in that in order to learn, one must be surrounded by fellow believers. Otherwise the enemy will likely deceive the believer. We use each other to process God's greatness. Also, we've become and individualistic society within the church because of the Reformation. It's important that we band together like our fore fathers in order to praise God.
Kolten Turner
Kolten Turner

Back to top Go down

Kolten Turner Discussion Questions Empty Re: Kolten Turner Discussion Questions

Post by cjgalyen on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:35 pm

I enjoyed reading through your discussion and I think I came to alot of the same understandings as you did. I was hung up on if Chi Alpha is a parachurch and I think your reasons for it are solid. I especially liked the end where you speak about how church is needed to protect the believer and grow closer as a Christian community. I think that is both practical and theological because we see it in Scripture as well as daily life
cjgalyen
cjgalyen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum