Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marlou Peters discussion questions

2 posters

Go down

Marlou Peters discussion questions Empty Marlou Peters discussion questions

Post by Marlou Peters Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:41 am

1.Think back through your week. What evidence of total depravity have you experienced? What evidence of the doctrine that humanity is created in the image of God?

The evidence of total depravity that I have experienced is that personally I got annoyed with someone, but I didn’t have a chance to talk to this person about it right away due to having different things going on. When I get very tired Satan comes into my thought life and kept bugging me about the thing that I got annoyed with. Instead of bringing this to the Lord I dwelled on it and got even more annoyed that turned into anger. The Bible talks about not having anger in our hearts.

The evidence that humanity is created in the image of God is that even though I was so angry in my heart that once I got to talk to this person there was right away forgiveness. Jesus forgives us quickly and Jesus gives us peace and that is what I felt right away once I was done talking to the person.
2.Describe the relationship between Adam’s sinning and our own sinning?

I think that is exactly the same. The only difference is that Adam and Eve’s sin was the very first one that is recorded in the Bible. We are disobedient towards God. We are all created in His image. God tells us not to do something, we might think we know it better, we don’t care, or we are deceived and do not see the truth. What Adam and Eve did in the garden is nothing different than what we do know on a daily basis. The Bible also talks about that all sin is equal that not one sin is greater than the other .I think the relationship is that Adam and Eve caused the fall and we sin exactly how they have sinned.
Marlou Peters
Marlou Peters

Back to top Go down

Marlou Peters discussion questions Empty Re: Marlou Peters discussion questions

Post by Jessica Rodriguez Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:16 am

Marlou Peters wrote: 1.Think back through your week. What evidence of total depravity have you experienced? What evidence of the doctrine that humanity is created in the image of God?

The evidence of total depravity that I have experienced is that personally I got annoyed with someone, but I didn’t have a chance to talk to this person about it right away due to having different things going on. When I get very tired Satan comes into my thought life and kept bugging me about the thing that I got annoyed with. Instead of bringing this to the Lord I dwelled on it and got even more annoyed that turned into anger. The Bible talks about not having anger in our hearts.

The evidence that humanity is created in the image of God is that even though I was so angry in my heart that once I got to talk to this person there was right away forgiveness. Jesus forgives us quickly and Jesus gives us peace and that is what I felt right away once I was done talking to the person.
 2.Describe the relationship between Adam’s sinning and our own sinning?

I think that is exactly the same. The only difference is that Adam and Eve’s sin was the very first one that is recorded in the Bible. We are disobedient towards God. We are all created in His image. God tells us not to do something, we might think we know it better, we don’t care, or we are deceived and do not see the truth. What Adam and Eve did in the garden is nothing different than what we do know on a daily basis. The Bible also talks about that all sin is equal that not one sin is greater than the other .I think the relationship is that Adam and Eve caused the fall and we sin exactly how they have sinned.

I have seen similar signs of total depravity in my life and the enslavement to wanting to sit in certain feelings I have. Like your example of being annoyed and then angry with someone, I have wanted to be angry at a person instead of wanting to forgive them. That is a sign of being enslaved to our feelings, which would be sin. That is saying that my feelings define what is true rather than God defining what is true. We don't have the ability to forgive people on our own. They don't deserve forgiveness, but neither do we. When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and accept that he forgave us while we were sinners, then we receive the grace and the gift of being able to forgive others. But, it is not from our own ability to forgive, because there is no way we could do that on our own. We could try to forgive because we know it's good. But, we will still hold some grudge or bitterness.
Jessica Rodriguez
Jessica Rodriguez

Back to top Go down