Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marie Hugershoff: Discussion Questions

2 posters

Go down

Marie Hugershoff: Discussion Questions Empty Marie Hugershoff: Discussion Questions

Post by Marie Hugershoff Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:45 pm

1.Think back through your week. What evidence of total depravity have you experienced? What evidence of the doctrine that humanity is created in the image of God?
- Something I have been noticing recently is that it has been very difficult to make time for my devotional time. I desire time with God and I know that it will make me feel so much better and that I will enjoy it, but it is still so difficult to actually do it. Although I desire God more than anything choosing Him is still against my nature. I think that the fact that I still desire God and choose to spend time with Him, even though its difficult sometimes, shows that I am created in Gods image. If I wasn't made in Gods image I wouldn't choose God or desire to spend time with Him. Being made in Gods image allows me to choose good and makes me reflect Christ, who also desired time with God.

2.How does a Christian view of the image of God impact our understanding of human rights?
-  I really enjoyed reading about humans being made in Gods image because I think a lot of times we focus on how sinful we are and it was nice to be reminded that God made us like Him and how we reflect His goodness and rule. I think that royal view of the image of God best helps us understand human rights. The royal view explains how humanity is royal and created to rule. If humanity is royal because we reflect God's royalty, then all humans should be treated as such. So all humans should be treated with respect, love and honor.
Marie Hugershoff
Marie Hugershoff

Back to top Go down

Marie Hugershoff: Discussion Questions Empty Re: Marie Hugershoff: Discussion Questions

Post by Kolten Turner Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:33 am

I agree with your first paragraph. The discipline of devotional time has always been a struggle for me. I don't enjoy sitting for long periods of time or focusing on one specific topic for very long. Therefore, keeping my attention on God is a struggle, and it just shows that my nature is to disregard that I have a role to play in my relationship with God. However, God reminds me that if I don't play a role, I will lose connection with Him and that's when my life becomes stressful and irritable.
Kolten Turner
Kolten Turner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum