Indiana CMIT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you think theology will impact your discipleship, ministry, and beliefs?

2 posters

Go down

How do you think theology will impact your discipleship, ministry, and beliefs? Empty How do you think theology will impact your discipleship, ministry, and beliefs?

Post by Caleb Nally Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Learning more about God never hurts. It only strengthens your relationship with him and deepens your love for him. Theology when based in scriptures help us to understand God more. So I think that theology will positively impact my discipleship, ministry and beliefs. Knowing who God is helps me to understand more how to minister to students and how to reach students.When I disciple students it will only help me to have a better understanding of God as I answer questions and point people to Christ. It can be difficult to try and reach students but having a better understanding of who God is gives me new strength and a stronger heart for the campus. Lastly it will only strengthen my beliefs in the truth that is God and the peace that comes with the Gospel.
Caleb Nally
Caleb Nally

Back to top Go down

How do you think theology will impact your discipleship, ministry, and beliefs? Empty Re: How do you think theology will impact your discipleship, ministry, and beliefs?

Post by Alicia.O. Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Caleb Nally wrote:Learning more about God never hurts. It only strengthens your relationship with him and deepens your love for him. Theology when based in scriptures help us to understand God more. So I think that theology will positively impact my discipleship, ministry and beliefs.  Knowing who God is helps me to understand more how to minister to students and how to reach students.When I disciple students it will only help me to have a better understanding of God as I answer questions and point people to Christ. It can be difficult to try and reach students but having a better understanding of who God is gives me new strength and a stronger heart for the campus. Lastly it will only strengthen my beliefs in the truth that is God and the peace that comes with the Gospel.

I think it is really awesome that you are coming into learning theology with an already strong foundation of love for Christ. I therefore, do believe in everything you say about learning theology can only help you go deeper with God in you ministry and strengthen those you disciple. I think this knowledge without a relational love with Christ can be dangerous. I think learning theology will be cool for us and those believers and non-believers around us but I don't want to place much confidence in myself because of it. This makes me think of Paul talking in 1 Cor 2:4-5, "My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power." Ultimately, we know that it is going to be God's power that saves souls and leads people to grow deeper with him; not our words, wisdom, or knowledge of theology.
Alicia.O.
Alicia.O.

Back to top Go down