Theology - Primary Discussion Question

Go down

Theology - Primary Discussion Question

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:30 am

There are thousands of different denominations out there, all reading the same Bible. In the midst of so many disagreements in the church how can you confidently believe anything about God?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://incmit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Response

Post by Alicia.O. Today at 4:45 am

As Michael F. Bird mentions, tradition plays a big role in interpreting the Bible. The way I viewed the world before ever adding God to be a part of my world view is going to lead me to think certain ways about what I read in the Bible. I am not one to take pride in my denomination or theology because where my confidence comes from is the God I know through relationship. How do I know God answers prayer? Because I've seen it. How do I know He loves me? Because He shows it. How do I know baptism in the Holy Spirit is real? Because I experienced it before I ever knew what it was. The Bible affirms the God I see at work in my life. If we know that all scripture is God breathed (2 Tim 3:16) then we can trust that these Holy Spirit inspired texts are all working in harmony. I think our human pride has led to these disagreements, not the Bible. The Bible strongly discourages these disagreements among the Church.

2 Corinthians 13:11
Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

Philippians 2:2
make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.

1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.

The Bible is such a CRUCIAL piece of literature the brings us back to the Truth. I had a Muslim who would talk about how Allah craves to love her and be near to her but nowhere in the Quran could she show me that's true. Without the Bible and discernment from the Holy Spirit God can be whomever we make him up to be.

Alicia.O.

View user profile

Back to top Go down