Homework for LP

Go down

Homework for LP

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Exegesis

1. Read Fee: The Gospels and the Parables.
  2. Interpretation Flow Chart: Other Relevant Scriptures - Explore not only the word 'perfect' and how it is used by various authors throughout the scriptures, but also other words that are similar (i.e. mature, whole, etc)

Theology

1. Complete the scripture worksheet. (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HdUQZImeoyhCDb3F5oPC0to71tJ1Q98g)
  2. Consider the discussion question in the forum.
  3. Read Bird, 490-511, 548-607.
  4. (Optional reading: Bird, 513-547.)
  5. Answer the discussion question in the forum.
  6. Read Noll, Chapter 7: The Diet of Worms, and fill out the History Journal for this chapter. Print out your completed page and bring to the learning party.
  7. Write down one question you’d like to discuss from the reading on a 3x5 card and bring it to the learning party.

Missional Leadership

1. Read Breen, Multiplying Missional Leaders.
  2. In the forum, post a 250-word report/reflection on what the book said and how you can apply it to your life and ministry.

Communication

1. Prepare a 3-5 minute story with one main concluding point. Focus on the story, telling it well and using it effectively to make your point. At least 80% of your presentation should be focused on the story, 20% or less on the main point at the end.

Critical Pastoral Concern

• Coming soon.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://incmit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homework for LP

Post by matthewostermeyer on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:03 pm

I enjoyed the portion of this book that talked about "The Leadership Pipeline". I thought that it brought the importance of mission as a team effort. Recently God has been placing the importance of church planting on my heart and this chapter shows the necessity of having a team when you are doing the work of apostleship and heading into enemy territory. Training up strong leaders is one of the most important aspects of multiplying missional leaders who will then carry the gospel to the ends of the earth. One of the things the book talked about that I thought was vital was considering those who are stepping into leadership in these four ways: Character, Capacity, Chemistry, and Calling. It shows that not just any individual who shows interest in Jesus should be the leader of a missional movement, nor are they charged to by God. However, it gives us a good lens to look at when we are discipling these perspective leaders towards understanding the heart and necessity of leadership.

I also love the family aspect of being on mission together. It is so important for any missional movement to reflect the characteristics of the family of God. Not simply as an attractional pull, though through this lens it is obvious to see why less people would want to join what is not a family. But God desires for all of us to live as a family that lives life together and enjoys one another. When we do not have this deep-seeded love that is rooted in Christ for our brothers and sisters in Christ it is difficult to serve as a team in order to create disciples and it also does not reflect the desire of God's heart for our communities

matthewostermeyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down