Question 4. Amanda Middleton

Go down

Question 4. Amanda Middleton

Post by amiddleton on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:44 am

Define in your own words what the "gospel" is.

Since the fall of man, humans have turned their backs on God and were unable to have a relationship with Him. The Gospel is that Jesus, God incarnate, came to earth and lived amongst other people. He was later arrested and crucified but then was resurrected and conquered death. The good news is that by repenting and believing that Jesus is the true Son of God and he was the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. With this faith and repentance, we receive salvation. Through salvation, we are able to restore our relationship with God.
amiddleton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question 4. Amanda Middleton

Post by Katie A on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:44 pm

amiddleton wrote:Define in your own words what the "gospel" is.

Since the fall of man, humans have turned their backs on God and were unable to have a relationship with Him. The Gospel is that Jesus, God incarnate, came to earth and lived amongst other people. He was later arrested and crucified but then was resurrected and conquered death. The good news is that by repenting and believing that Jesus is the true Son of God and he was the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. With this faith and repentance, we receive salvation. Through salvation, we are able to restore our relationship with God.

I very much enjoyed this definition of the Gospel, as it very nicely and briefly covers all of the bases of what people need to know. This is pretty much the type of answer that I would give if I were defining the gospel in my own words. Upon reading your response to this question though, I couldn't help but to travel down memory lane and revisit one of the main questions that I had as I began my journey of growing in holiness and it is this: Why is it that the wages of sin has to be death? And more specifically, why is it that there must be a shedding of blood to atone for ones sin?
Obviously there are a lot of directions that one could go to answer this question, but my explanation would go something like this:
God is good and holy and is, in his very nature life. If we are not facing God, then we can only face one other direction, which is toward Satan, who is bad, and in his very nature is death. The farther we move away from God, the closer we move toward Satan. The farther we move away from God, the closer we move toward death. We become separated from God when we sin. Therefore, when we sin, death happens. Blood is a sign of life. A sure sign that we are alive is that we have oxygenated blood flowing through our veins. When this blood is shed, it displays that life is being poured out and the penalty for sin (death) has been paid. And that, to me, is why it was God's mater plan to come in human form- so that his perfect blood could be shed for us.
I'm curious to know what other people's thoughts are on this subject?

Katie A

View user profile

Back to top Go down